→ 13 Jan 13 at 9 pm
♛ POWER DRIVE B: FIRED UP SUCCESSOR TO POWER DRIVE A ♛
NOW OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS, THIS TIME IT’S P-P-PERSONAL
hello folks! you may remember, last year, I put together an anthology called Power Drive A, centered around short comics inspired by super robots/tokusatsu/cyberpunk/anything else super pumped up and cool, and it turned out a zillion times better than I expected thanks to you talented mfers!
WELL, WE’RE KICKIN’ IT UP. First of all, look up, there will be a bad ass cover by good buddy and master of comics-fu, DAN CIURCZAK (the above is only a preview, not the final version! I’m gonna fully color the final version >:3) and I’ve already got a few folks signed on to do some cool stories, but submissions are now fully to open to EVERYONE. Awriiight!
Those of you who were around for the production of the first PD probably get how this works, but if you don’t, here’s everything you need to know:
- You don’t have to have a manga-influenced style to contribute - tear it up however you want!!
- Submissions must be 400dpi files, 8x11 ratio, bleed is half an inch. Submissions must be black and white, with gray tones if you find it necessary to use them.
- The deadline is August 1st, 2013. This is about the same length of time as the first PD. Bring it ON
- I’ve decided to chop the size of submissions down to between 2 and 8 pages long, feel free to go a bit longer though!
- All profits go towards printing. However, I’m changing the way I print these (the first PDA was made totally by hand and was chunky/labor-intensive), so if you contribute a story, you will receive 10 (ten) copies to do whatever you want with, and in addition to that, I will give you all of the HD print files so that you may print and sell as many as you want. I want this next one to be more accessible to co-collaborators than the first one!
- THERE WILL ALSO BE A DIGITAL VERSION. more on that later.
- My e-mail is rorymorriscomics at gmail dot com . feel free to shoot me questions, talk to me about your comic, ask for advice, and send all finished, cleaned-up files to that email. thank you!
GIVE EM HELL, KIDS. If you make comics or know someone who does, signal boost the heck outta this!!
I did the cover, yay me :D
also if you do shonen comics you should totally consider submitting to this, fun times :D